Thursday 21 May 2015

Collaboration with Sarah Trigg

 I collaborated with Sarah on her film, she needed the help because she wanted to make two puppets - one being a minotaur! So I was happy to help her out with some props. 
She asked if she could have the Krispy Kreme donuts so she borrowed them. 

Firstly she needed two armchairs that would be in a living room set-up. I made these from MDF, padding out of a car sponge and covered with some leftover beige material. She had bought some material that she wanted the cushions to be made from so I made 4 cushions for her. I also added a trim around the bottom and covered the seam with a plait.


I then made a knitting basket from canvas material glued with PVA, plaited some material to make handles, some thread wrapped around bits of sponge formed the wool balls, the knitting needles, cocktail sticks trimmed and sprayed with silver paint and a ball of blue Sculpey for the tips of the needles.


I made these cupcakes the same way as James' Halloween ones. Sculpey, a genius material!


Trimmed some paper roses from the rose bush I made last year and put them in a plastic lid with epoxy glue to become a vase.


 Made two baking trays out balsa wood and sprayed them with grey. Then cut two pieces of foil to fit in the middle of the trays.








No comments:

Post a Comment