Thursday 21 May 2015

Collaboration with Hannah Griffiths

Hannah asked me to make her a hoover for her final film. The hoover has to be animateable, the handle be able to move up and down with the base staying in one place. I was happy to do this for Hannah because none of the other props I had been asked to make required them moving so it was an extra challenge.

Check out her blog; I really like Hannah's style of animation and admire her knitting skills, something I really need to practice!
http://hgriffiths59.blogspot.co.uk/

I started by attaching a bulldog clip to a paintbrush handle using epoxy glue. Cut two pieces of MDF and sanded them into the shape I wanted. Added small details using balsa wood. Used a small hinge glued between the two pieces of wood to secure in place.


I had some blue material that I made a pouch out of that would become the bag for the hoover. Took the metal bits from two bulldog clips and put them either side of the bag so it would be easier to attach to the handle. Using another bulldog clip attached to the bottom of the hoover because it already makes the movement required on its own. Made the tip of the handle from light blue Sculpey.


Final images of the hoover, using old headphones as the wire, showing different positioning of the hoover.

No comments:

Post a Comment