Thursday 21 May 2015

Collaboration with Nicki Bilbie (Props)

Lastly, I collaborated with Nicki, she wanted me to make a bucket of bait, some ham and cucumber sandwiches and a fishing boat that would be her set. 

I was excited to make the props for Nicki, the boat? Not so much. But I love a challenge and making the boat improved my skills as it was nice to spend my Easter making something larger rather than all of the small things, even though I love doing them.

Check out her blog, her two characters for her final film are beautifully made and the story has a lovely sentiment (no spoilers here!) Can't wait to see it when it's all put together. Working with friends is the best.


I started making the bait for the bucket, using Sculpey firm and silver Sculpey mixed, made several little fish shapes. Using chalk pastels to add more colour and texture to them. Then added the bait to the bucket one by one using superglue.



I gave the top few baits eyes because they looked better with eyes. When they were all laid up in the bucket I used Sculpey glaze to cover them, this giving them a wet/shiny look.

I then started making the sandwich. I mixed up two colours of Sculpey, one cream and one beige. Rolled the cream Sculpey flat and cut a slice shape out of it using a craft knife. Then added the brown Sculpey around the corners. Textured the Sculpey with a toothbrush and a needle. I then cut the slice diagonally, added texture to the inside, added some pink Sculpey in the centre for the ham and some green for the cucumber. 





1 comment:

  1. aw Soph!!! bless you! your blog is looking great! keep up the great work! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete