Wednesday 9 December 2015

"I suppose its too late to make a run for it?" "Well, I'm game if you are."

"Age is no guarantee of efficiency and youth is no guarantee of innovation."


It was about time I did another Photoshop painting. Still working on my studies of the sky, and clouds are an absolute nightmare to get right but I'm pleased with how these turned out. Still staying in my comfort zone of working with silhouettes, this time the ultimate man - Bond, James Bond. 

I went to see Spectre on the day it was released last month and my first reaction was WOW that was amazing. So I went to see it again, the week after, and was left disheartened. Personally, I judge films on two different basis'. 1. Visually. 2. The Story.
Spectre, for me, was visually the best looking Bond film to-date, but after sitting through another couple of hours of the storyline, it was slow, not much punch, predictable. You can clearly see that they've thrown so much money at it, "let's pick this place on the map" "now here" "now this other place". Let's get all these random characters in too. So I watched Skyfall, and then watched Spectre again straight away (completely legally) and it doesn't even come close.  Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Naomie Harris, Judi Dench.. it's like dream casting. And Daniel Craig is just a dream.
 In Craig's time as Bond I think Skyfall will be the best film, because M.. I mean, no one is going to come close to Dench. So all of that is what inspired me to do a painting of Skyfall, as if it could be one of the final scenes in Scotland. 

I intend at looking at my other favourite films and produce some work from that. Because I will watch, then re-watch, then re-watch again all of my favourite films (same with music) because that's how I know, if you can repeat it constantly and not get bored, it's a favourite.
 Pride & Prejudice... Lake House... Tropic Thunder... Reservoir Dogs... Ghostbusters... Matrix... The Dark Knight... Pretty  Woman... Groundhog Day... and so many more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment