Tuesday 31 March 2015

If I knew you were coming I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake...

For a part of our Visual Forms module we had to pick a theme from a choice of 3 and create a project around it that produced a final image. I chose the theme 'Marketplace' and in particular a marketplace close to where I live that sells cakes. As I wanted to make sure this part of Vis Forms helped improve my model making skills I decided to replicate several cakes out of Sculpey. Here are the results;











When it came to producing a final image I wanted to present the cakes in a simplistic way so the focus is on the craftmanship of the actual cakes. So for a bit of fun I took some high quality images of my cakes all laid up on three separate tables. But I added a scene from the Great British Bake-Off behind the cakes, just an image for people to take a second look at!

My final simplistic image which holds my favourite cakes out of all the ones I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment